[shareaholic app="share_buttons" id="23459117"]
This important survey will help Portland State University to understand the challenges and opportunities confronting manufacturers in Portland, from small-scale entrepreneurs and makers to global-scale enterprises. The results of this survey will enable local officials to develop effective policies, programs and investments that support emerging and incumbent manufacturing businesses, in areas like
- Workforce training and apprenticeship programs;
- Real estate to support manufacturers of all sizes;
- Business assistance geared towards manufacturers;
- Local branding to help you demonstrate the value of making your product in Portland.
Our work starts with your business and your story. You can help by filling out our survey. This confidential survey takes about 25 minutes to complete but the more information you can provide, the better we can advocate for you and all you contribute to the local economy.
This survey is being conducted by Portland State University’s Toulan School of Urban Studies and Planning with support from Prosper Portland (formerly Portland Development Commission), the City of Portland’s Bureau of Planning and Sustainability, the Central Eastside Industrial Council, in conjunction with several local industrial partners. This project is part of the Urban Manufacturing Alliance’s (UMA) State of Urban Manufacturing project. UMA is a national non-profit that works to strengthen our manufacturing sector across the country.
The survey is intended to be filled out by the business owner or chief executive of the company. If a staff member is filling it out instead, please answer questions from the owner or CEO’s perspective when questions ask to describe him or her.
If you are unable to complete the survey today, you may return to the survey and continue within 14 days as long as you are using the same computer and browser, and do not clear the cookies from your browser.
Two important points:
1. Your participation in this survey is voluntary, and your participation will not impact your business’ access or eligibility for services.
2. All of your responses will be kept confidential. Results from this survey will be reported in the aggregate with NO individually identifiable information; your individual information will NEVER BE SHARED. Only the research team at PSU and UMA will have access to individually identifiable responses.
If you have concerns regarding the methods used, or questions about your rights as a research subject, you may contact: PSU Institutional Review Board, Office of Research Integrity at (503) 725-2227 or 1 (877) 480-4400, or email@example.com.
Thank you for your consideration. If you have questions or concerns, you may contact the project research lead, Dr. Greg Schrock, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
By clicking to move to the next page (>>), you attest that you have read the above statements and consent to participate in this survey.