Let everyone know that you are an Oregon manufacturer! NAICS (North American Industry Classification System) is a code system that classifies your business by industry.
Why should you get a manufacturing NAICS Code?
NAICS codes are used by local, state and federal entities for statistical purposes as well as for non-statistical reasons that can benefit you:
•Tax incentives that are industry specific
•Often required for commercial loans
•Savings on worker’s compensation premiums
Here are the steps to getting or updating a NAICS code to D&B. It is simple and free. (Or you can reach out to OMEP and we can walk through the steps with you)
1) REGISTER FOR A D-U-N-S NUMBER
Step A: Collect the following information:
- Legal business name
- Headquarters name and address for your business
- DBA or another name by which your business is commonly recognized
- The physical address, city, state and ZIP code
- Mailing address (if separate from headquarters and/or physical address)
- Telephone number
- Contact name and title
- Number of employees at the physical location
Step B: Register at DNB.com.
Free D-U-N-S Number provided within 30 business days.
2) CHECK AND SELF-SELECT A MANUFACTURING NAICS CODE BASED UPON YOUR MANUFACTURING INDUSTRY
Qualifying Manufacturing Codes begin with 31-33. The full list can be found here
3) ADD MANUFACTURING NAICS CODE TO COMPANY’S D&B ACCOUNT
- Visit http://iupdate.dnb.com
- Click “Start Now” to Register to use iUpdate
- When asked “Are you currently attempting to do business with or receive funds from a U.S. Government Agency?” Click “YES”
- Following the prompt – enter the Business Name and City
- Select company name from list and Click “NEXT”
- Proceed to fill in the ID Verification and Personal Data as requested and ADD corresponding NAICS code
For further inquiries, call (800)-234-3867 to speak with an account specialist. Updated NAICS code(s) added within 5-7 business days.