Oregon manufacturers should be aware of a new grant available through Business Oregon’s Export Promotion Program. If you are currently exporting products internationally, or if you are interested in doing so, don’t miss this opportunity.
The State Trade Expansion Program (STEP) matching grant reimburses 75% of eligible expenses up to $10,000.
Funded in part through a grant with the U.S. Small Business Administration, money is available to assist Oregon small businesses seeking to begin or grow international sales. Eligible Businesses have:
- Less than 500 employees
- 75% of employees based in Oregon
- Significant value added in Oregon
- Up to three grants per year
The Oregon Export Promotion Grant covers many expenses, including:
- International trade show/ mission fees, airfare, lodging and meals (virtual or in person; up to $10,000)
- US-based international trade show participation
- Services of the U.S. Commercial Service such as Market Research, Business Matching, Single Company Promotions, Int’l Partner Searches, etc.
- Compliance testing or product certification such CE Mark, CCC Mark, ISO 9001, ITAR (up to $6,000)
- Participation in export training workshops (up to $500)
- International shipment of product samples (up to $4,000).
- Design of Marketing Media during a trade show/mission –trade event advertising, brochures, posters, print media, table banner, billboards, social media campaign, and digital advertising (up to $8,000)
- International website design, localization, search engine optimization, and translation (up to $10,000).
- Expenses to set up a website to accept international payment (up to $10,000).
- International e-commerce platform setup and/or maintenance fees (up to $10,000)
- Translation of marketing media, including audio/video online market listing fees (up to $10,000).