- This event has passed.
Autodesk Fusion 360 Introduction to 3D CAD with Fusion 360™ for Thinkers, Innovators and Makers
April 16, 2018 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
An introductory level class designed to explore and familiarize participants with the power of 3D CAD to enable the pursuit of ideas. The class will be facilitated by Timothy Gorbold, Materials engineer. Each evening will include two hours of fundamental lessons, experiential tidbits, dynamic group interaction, and collaborative open discussions about projects. Small homework projects will be provided to help practice each weeks learned skills. At the conclusion of the course, participants will leave feeling empowered with the basic tools necessary to effectively design, document and communicate product ideas.
Fusion 360™ (http://www.autodesk.com/products/fusion-360/overview) is the latest CAD offering from AutoDesk and the first 3D CAD/CAM tool of its kind, connecting your entire product development process in a single cloud-based tool. Students of this class can obtain a full-use license completely free for a minimum of one year with the possibility of extending that license indefinitely, still at no charge. Fusion 360™ is a cloud-based 3D CAD/CAM tool for product development that combines industrial and mechanical design, collaboration, and machining in a single package. The tools in Fusion 360 enable fast and easy exploration of design ideas with an integrated concept-to-production toolset. Fusion 360™ is natively written for both Macand PC, allowing you to use your preferred OS or both at no additional cost.
This is an opportunity for everyone with an interest in Computer Aided Design (CAD) to inexpensively learn the principles of CAD from an expert.
- Session Dates: April 19, 26, May 3, 10, 17, 24
- Day of the Week: Thursdays
- # of Classes/Week: 1
- # of Weeks: 6
- Time of Day: 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Maximum # of Students: 10
- Hours per Class/Session: 2
- Instructor: Timothy Gorbold
- Teaching Methods: Classroom and Lab
- Required Items: Laptop Computer (with WiFi)
- Cost: $199
What You’ll Learn
- Quickly iterate on design ideas with sculpting tools to explore form and modeling tools to create finishing features.
- Test fit and motion; create assemblies, photo-realistic renderings, and animations
- Create tool paths to machine your components or use the 3D printing workflow to create a prototype.