Exporter, Logistics Professional and Practitioner Online Training
December 2 @ 10:00 am - 12:30 pm
Join the US Commercial Service and the Export Council of Oregon, with support from Business Oregon and the Oregon Department of Agriculture for our December 2nd Training Webinar on the newly-implemented USMCA Trade Agreement and what it means for you! Hosted by Mike Allocca, a nationally known expert in international trade compliance, this webinar is designed to help you navigate the export markets of two of the United States’ most important trading partners.
- New proof of eligibility for Originating Goods
- New Product-Specific Rules of Origin and Regional Value Content Requirements
- New higher level “de minimis” export and import shipments for Canada and Mexico
- Preference Criteria updates. Learn which ones are no longer available.
- 11 areas of new upgrades with USMCA
The training will provide:
- Understanding how USMCA classifies sets/kits
- We will walk through two (2) examples of Rules of Origin (a tariff shift example and regional value content example).
- An e-copy of the PowerPoint presentation, as well as a pdf of the USMCA proof of eligibility nine (9) minimum data elements, and the USMCA preference criteria.
- Opportunities to get expert answers to your most pressing questions, plus an open discussion to follow the presentation!
About the USMCA:
The United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement went into effect on July 1, replacing the 25-year-old NAFTA. This new agreement provides new opportunities for U.S. companies to sell to Mexico and Canada, along with new regulatory requirements you need to know. Find resources and information through the International Trade Administration Here.
About Mike Allocca:
Mike Allocca is founder of Allocca Enterprises, Inc. based in York, SC. With more than 25 years of experience, Mike’s expertise in educating others about import/export compliance has won him multiple awards including the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Presidential Excellence in Export Services Award.