- This event has passed.
How Oregon Works: Portland Business Journal
May 13, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
On Thursday, May 13th from 10:00 –11:00am, PBJ is bringing forth the annual How Oregon Works event virtually. How Oregon Works (“HOW”) is an recurring editorial series that explores workforce challenges and opportunities facing Oregon’s most important industries – Manufacturing, Tech, Agriculture & Natural Resources, CRE & Construction, Health Care, Energy, and Higher Education.
This year, the HOW series content has evaluated the pandemic and its multi-layered effects on Oregon’s workforces, how businesses of all shapes and sizes have adapted to the new environment, and the still-developing aftermath. The content will focus on:
- Essential Industries: Industries that were deemed essential in the beginning of the pandemic are facing critical talent shortages — find out what’s needed to keep these economic drivers moving forward post-pandemic.
- Equity in the Workplace: There is a critical need to diversify the workforce in most industries. What systems and policies are employers implementing to ensure diversity, equity and inclusion for their companies?
- Now Hiring: What industries are looking to hire a year into the pandemic? How can the Portland region fill the talent pipeline?
- Recruiting & Retention: Is Portland’s current reputation affecting recruiting efforts? What are best practices when it comes to retaining talent and creating lasting careers for job seekers.
The event panelists are:
- Peggy Miller, CEO of PacStar
- Becky Hultberg, CEO of Oregon Association Hospitals & Health Systems
- Andrew Colas, President of Colas Construction
Use code ‘HOW’ for a discount.