- This event has passed.
Onward Eugene: Return to Work Forum
March 9 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
What does returning to the workplace look like going forward – whether that’s in an office, a restaurant, or a factory floor? With the many changes brought on by COVID-19, businesses are adapting to our new environment. Together, Onward Eugene and the Technology Association of Oregon invites you to join us on March 9th for a virtual panel discussion to explore issues around returning to work.
What to Expect
Over the last many months, we’ve learned that more people than we imagined can work remotely, but, to make this the norm in the future, new technologies and ways of working will need to be adopted. Many other businesses require in-person activity and had to pivot quickly to remain open. Businesses had to make significant changes around health and safety in the workplace and will continue to update practices as rules change. Being agile is more important than ever.
During this event, our panel will provide an HR, legal, and business perspective on the challenges and ongoing innovation around returning to work.
What You Will Learn
Panelists will weigh in important questions including:
- With 4J Schools looking to start reopening in the spring, how does that affect returning to work? What if it is a hybrid model – is there enough support for working parents?
- How will college campuses continue to innovate?
- How do you anticipate remote workplace culture merging into future workplace culture?
- What changes has your business made in regards to health, safety, and security risk management in the workplace?
- With the cavvine roll-out, how do you anticipate the work environment evolving?
Who Should Join
We invite the local business community to come together to share best practices, strategies and hurdles with respect to 2021 plans to return to work.
This is a Free event!
Celeste Marshall, Sr. Director, People Strategy & Operations, EVO Business Partners
Amanda Yankovich, Managing Director, The District Coworking
Cassandra Moseley, Vice President of Research and Innovation, the University of Oregon
Celeste Peterson, Director of People Development, Palo Alto Software
Jeremy Scriber, Owner, Jackalope Lounge
Amanda Walkup, Labor & Employment Law Attorney, Hershner Hunter, LLP