- This event has passed.
Pathogen Environmental Monitoring Workshop for Pacific Northwest Food Industries
June 12, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Food processing, handling and storage facilities can create conditions that allow microorganisms to become established and thrive. Some of these microorganisms have the potential to cause foodborne illness if they contaminate food products.
Identifying niche locations and hotspots that house these microorganisms through both routine and investigative environmental programs is critical for producers of ready-to-eat foods and raw agricultural commodities.
This two-day workshop is intended to provide you with knowledge and best practices on developing and implementing an effective Pathogen Environmental Monitoring (PEM) program.
What to expect?
Through hands-on activities you will:
– Become familiar with environmental foodborne pathogens,
– Learn how to collect swabs,
– Identify issues through case studies from the industry,
– Get tips on how to design and establish a PEM program,
– Have opportunity to discuss effective controls and
corrective action steps in small working groups.
You will receive:
– All course materials,
– Certificate of course attendance,
– Meals (lunch and refreshments).
This workshop is subsidized through OR SCBGP grant ODA-5010-GR.
Please note: Registrations are limited. NO substitutions, transfers, or refunds will be issued within one week of the training start date.