- This event has passed.
SEDCOR: New Funding Resources for your Capital & Workforce Needs
April 27 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Two important programs are launching in Oregon with the capacity to create a significant, positive impact on business finance and workforce development. Join us at noon on April 27th to learn more about them:
The State Small Business Credit Initiative (SSBCI) Program is expected to provide Oregon with over $80 million to expand access to capital for small businesses emerging from the pandemic, build ecosystems of opportunity and entrepreneurship and create high-quality jobs.
The programs available under the initiative include:
• Venture Capital Programs
• Loan Participation Programs
• Loan Guarantee Programs
• Collateral Support Programs
• Capital Access Programs (CAPs)
John Saris, Finance Manager at Business Oregon, will provide a summary of how Oregon will be approaching the distribution of these funds, and how businesses and business lenders will benefit from the resource.
Future Ready Oregon 2022 is a $200M investment in Oregon’s workforce system which advances Oregon’s economic competitiveness and ensures equitable opportunities for a diverse workforce through the following investments:
• Leveraging Existing Successes
• Competitive Workforce Readiness Grants
• Direct financial benefits to individuals
• Resources for workforce service providers
Willamette Workforce Partnership (WWP) is expected to receive at least $5.5M through a formula to distribute. There will also be competitive grant opportunities which WWP can support and facilitate.
Participating in this portion of the conversation will be:
• Kim Parker-Llerenas, Executive Director, Willamette Workforce Partnership;
• Marin Arreola, President, Advanced Economic Solutions; and
• Jennifer Purcell, Workforce Policy Advisor, Office of Oregon Governor Kate Brown