- This event has passed.
Statewide Manufacturer Resource Sharing
June 23 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
An event every 2 weeks that begins at 3:00 pm on Tuesday, repeating until June 30, 2020
You’re invited to join OMEP and Prosper Portland’s bi-weekly Manufacturing Resource webinar to learn about why in-shoring, near-shoring and reshoring is important for Oregon manufacturers, and how they can develop a strategy to pursue one or more of these avenues. This presentation will be conducted by Debra Mervyn of the Mervyn Group. The Mervyn Group leads and supports organizations in reshoring, on-shoring, and near shoring production. Debra will go into depth on the items listed below during her presentation. We are hoping to have a robust Q&A segment so we are looking forward to your participation.
- New interest in onshoring and re-shoring wake of COVID-19
- Company examples and case studies
- Customer demands for higher quality and more diverse products
- Role optimizing operation and production efficiency (Operations Excellence, LEAN, SIOP, Technology and Automation),
- Identifying and finding new suppliers and supply chains
- What about Automation and Sustainability? A new twist and reason to Reshore.
- Planning for and completing a Reshore project- Check list and Decision matrix
- Question and answer
About Debra Mervyn
As advisor and partner, Debra Mervyn works with organizations to develop and implement systems to support business strategies, operational improvements, and transformational change. From design through launch, production, and delivery, Debra and The Mervyn Group discover new ways to improve performance, profitability, market share, teamwork, and communication. The Mervyn Group practice includes Assessment and Cost Benefit Assessment, Planning and Project Management, New Product Development and Introduction, Production Launch and Manufacturing Systems, Process Engineering and Operations Excellence, Quality and Risk Management Systems , Regulatory Compliance, and Sales and Operations Planning. The Mervyn Group leads and supports organizations in projects to Reshoring/ Inshoring/ Nearshoring manufacturing and production. Click on this Link to read Debra’s articles on this topic.