- This event has passed.
Successful Food Product Development – 3 session short course
December 4, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
One event on December 4, 2020 at 10:00 am
Iowans increasingly want to eat local foods. But bringing those products to market safely requires special knowledge about ingredients functionality, food safety, and scientific product development methods. This course is designed to help Iowa food companies understand all the steps that are required to develop a new food product and take it to market successfully.
This three-session of four-hour online presentations will be led by Shannon M. Coleman, assistant professor and state extension specialist in the Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition at Iowa State University. Based on a program from the University of Massachusetts, this workshop series covers valuable information about food safety topics for small, medium, and emerging food businesses in Iowa.
This webinar is a 12-hour short course covering eight modules. Registered attendees also will receive online assignments to complete before the event.
For more, contact Brenda Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Online Module: Online assignments to prepare attendees for all modules
- Module One: Welcome, Course Goals and Expectation
- Module Two: Food Hazards
- Module Three: Product Development Lifecycle
- Module Four: Controlling Food and Quality and Safety
- Module Five: Product Labeling
- Module Six: Food Safety and Management
- Module Seven: Hazard Analysis
- Module Eight: Preventive Controls