Augmented / Assisted Reality
COMMON USES / COMMON PROBLEMS SOLVED
- Manufacturers use this technology if they have dangerous or dirty tasks that are difficult to train employees on
- Knowledge capture and sharing
- Difficulties with repeatability in a manufacturing process
- Quality control challenges
- Trainings where the trainer is remote or cannot be present
AUGMENTED REALITY COULD BE A GOOD FIT IF:
- You do not want to stop equipment to train
- You don’t have a large space to train
- You have many employees that you’d like to cross-train
- High turnover on the production floor requiring constant training of new employees
- Read more about the benefits
AUGMENTED REALITY MIGHT NOT BE A GOOD FIT IF:
- You don’t have a specific application in mind
- You are unable to establish a network connection in your training environment
What are the restrictions on this technology?
- Requires network connection
- Not able to perform in a moist or wet work environment
Will I need special equipment to operate this technology?
- AR headset or compatible mobile device is required
- PC or compatible mobile device is required
Do I need any special training or certification to operate this technology?
- Device UI training is required. The typical training time is 5 minutes.
THE FACTORY OF TOMORROW EXPERIENCE
- Work instructions/training for how to assemble a cutting tool
EQUIPMENT IN THE LAB
- Microsoft HoloLens running Manifest v2.0
- Real Wear HMT-1 running Augmentir
- NUC PC running Tulip
The Factory of Tomorrow demonstrates real-world applications in a low volume, high mix environment. Made possible by our partnerships with national, regional, state, and local organizations, The Factory of Tomorrow is here to offer new opportunities for the real-world application of advanced manufacturing technologies.
Integrated technologies demonstrate that Smart Factories and Industry 4.0 advanced technologies are within reach for small and mid-sized manufacturers. Learn more and visit the lab >