Oregon Manufacturing Extension Partnership (OMEP) is in the business of preparing existing manufacturers for what many believe will be a resurgence in U.S. manufacturing driven by labor cost increases in competing countries and ever-increasing U.S. productivity.
Our clients are small and medium-sized companies ranging from 5 to 500 employees. We interact with company owners and senior executives in implementing strategies, techniques, and tools that often make the difference in a company’s ability to compete. We deeply believe in our mission and, not so modestly, have the chops to really make a difference for our clients. We have several videos posted on our website that give you an idea of what we do and how much our clients believe in us.
The specific backgrounds and skill sets of our successful consultants vary, but we all share several characteristics:
- A deep passion for and understanding of how things are made.
- The courage to introduce new thinking in entrenched environments.
- A desire to make things better–over and over again.
- A love of variety—we’re easily bored.
- Respect for people—we enjoy forming relationships with workers at all levels.
- Real excitement about working as a team with like-minded pros.
We want to talk with:
- Independent manufacturing consultants who are tired of trying to balance marketing, sales, and project delivery. We have dedicated business development professionals, and we like our consultants to be deployed on site doing value-add work. Our work is based in Oregon.
- Senior manufacturing managers who have the skills and passion for creating efficient and productive operations.
- Former business owners who have successfully exited their enterprises, are done with the 24/7 commitment but still have a lot to offer to others and don’t have enough chores around the house to keep them busy and stimulated.
- Early to mid-career engineers who would like to learn how to lead continuous improvement projects.