Learning Cohorts Help With...
Business Growth and Stabilization
- Understand how to empower your people to solve problems
- Utilize your financials to support sound business decision making
- Apply operational excellence initiatives in your organization
- Harness the power of marketing to support top-line growth
- Stabilize your business
Principles of Lean Enterprise
- Differentiate between value and non-value add activities
- Discover the tools of lean including 5S and Standard Work
- Harness the power of problem-solving using the PDCA method
- Develop a skillset for clear expectations & performance measurement
Engage and Retain Skilled Employees
- Apply a six-step Structured On the Job Training model and effectively deliver successful training
- Attract and onboard new talent while expanding your available labor pools
- manage your workforce to maximize employee contribution
- Build leadership skills in existing leaders and create a proactive role for all employees to improve your company.
Tools for Conscious Leadership
- Build a framework for a consistent daily management system.
- Understand the basics of creating a functioning layered leadership system
- Learn how to measure performance against expectations and provide feedback
- Learn tools and techniques that improve interpersonal interactions
E-Commerce Cohort for Manufacturers
Understand your target customers, and match messaging to the right audience at the right time
Build and track your digital sales funnel
How to create captivating content
Best practices for social media marketing
Interested in all of our cohorts?
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date on when they are offered in your area
What do attendees say?
Very informative good introduction to concepts I can apply in the line of work I am in. Very good at relating info to relative situations.
Past Lean Fundamentals Cohort Attendee
I knew I wanted a change in my small business. Orders were coming in and then chaos would ensue. Our old process was really stressful so our burnout rate was high. Through the workshops, we were able to identify all the ‘low hanging fruit’ and begin working on necessary changes to manage inventory and create a streamlined process so we don’t have to re-think every order. The on-site visits were extremely helpful in aiding the change.
Past Business Innovation Workshop Attendee
Our participants learned a great deal. One mentioned that he gained new insight on some of our existing tools and that it provided him a more concise structure. Another said it helped open his eyes. Based on information from the workshop, we have rewritten our job posting and tweaked our interview process. We have plans to keep the momentum going long term by laying out career ladders and incorporating other aspects from the workshop. We would definitely recommend this for anyone interested in improving their work systems.
Past Smart Talent Cohort Attendee
I have utilized the tools taught in the class to improve my daily interactions with all employees. I’ve seen substantial progress from a range of those employees, some of which have become quite the contributors to our Continuous Improvement Program.
Past Tools for Conscious Leadership Attendee
On-Site Implementation and Peer Learning
Running a manufacturing business presents unique challenges. With the cohort model, you benefit from peer to peer learning, connecting to other organizations who are solving similar problems. These connections allow you to grow and improve your business network. In addition, OMEP consultants who instruct courses visit your facility and help you implement on site to help cement the knowledge.
My past experience with other Lean consultants was they would come in, give some base information, point out all your failures, and then leave. I am very glad that you and OMEP do not operate in that manner. To have OMEP truly come alongside and partner with us, to get down in the trenches with us, has been both refreshing and rewarding. It has been hard work, but we can all see the progress that has been made since we began this journey together.
We were in business 32 years before we engaged with OMEP. We have learned more in the last three years than the last three decades. Business owners are confident by nature. It has been humbling to discover what we didn’t know. I’m here to tell you that no matter how good you think you are, you have lots of room to get better. OMEP has changed our world. In some areas of our warehouse we are processing orders 3 times faster than we were before our engagement. OMEP found a way to get us to forget our egos and find better, simple solutions.
OMEP's continued involvement is vital to our success and the development of manufacturing practices necessary to compete in the global economy. I believe that OMEP's program is critical to the success of manufacturing in the State of Oregon. Domestic manufacturers provide living wage jobs and organizations such as OMEP are essential in keeping manufacturing alive and well in the United States”
You are the best kind of advisor, a selfless one. It is exceedingly rare.
Working with OMEP this past year has truly been an incredibly rewarding experience. The depth of knowledge and resources that they have brought to our business is immense. We are a healthier organization today because of the relationship that has been created between the two of us.