Learning Cohorts for Manufacturers
OMEP designs our cohorts as interactive peer-to-peer learning experiences, with content tailored to manufacturers in all sectors. We can customize the course for a large business, or you can join an upcoming cohort along with other manufacturers to continue your learning journey. Either way, you will receive practical and actionable information designed to help your business thrive.
Business Growth and Stabilization – BUsiness Innovation Workshop
- Understand how to empower your people to solve problems
- Utilize your financials to support sound business decision making
- Apply operational excellence initiatives in your organization
- Harness the power of marketing to support top-line growth
- Stabilize your business
Principles of lean enterprise
- Differentiate between value and non-value activities
- Discover the tools of lien including 5S and Standard Work
- Harness the power of problem-solving using PDCA method
- Develop a skill set for clear expectations & performance measurement
EnGage and retain skilled employees – Workforce Solutions
- Apply a six-step Structure On the Job Training module and effectively deliver successful training
- Attract and onboard new talent while expanding your available labor pools
- Manage your workforce to maximize employee contribution
- Build leadership skills and existing leaders and create proactive roles for all employees to improve your company
Tools for conscious leadership
- Build a framework for a consistent daily management system
- Understand the basics of creating a functioning layered leadership system
- Learn how to measure performance against expectations and provide feedback
- Learn tools and techniques that improve interpersonal interactions
Food Safety for Compliance
- Learn how to implement a food safety program
- Identify a food safety team
- Build a food safety plan
- Perform self-audits
- Implement corrective actions
How to select and implement an e-commerce platform
Understand your target customers and messaging
Build and track your digital sales funnel
Leverage your existing customers to create captivating content
Best practices for social media marketing, including composing and managing social content
What do attendees say?
Our participants learned a great deal. One mentioned that he gained new insight on some of our existing tools and that it provided him a more concise structure. Another said it helped open his eyes. Based on information from the workshop, we have rewritten our job posting and tweaked our interview process. We have plans to keep the momentum going long term by laying out career ladders and incorporating other aspects from the workshop. We would definitely recommend this for anyone interested in improving their work systems.
Past Workforce Solutions Attendee
Very informative good introduction to concepts I can apply in the line of work I am in. Very good at relating info to relative situations.
Past Lean Fundamentals Cohort Attendee
I have utilized the tools taught in the class to improve my daily interactions with all employees. I’ve seen substantial progress from a range of those employees, some of which have become quite the contributors to our Continuous Improvement Program.
Past Tools for Conscious Leadership Attendee
I knew I wanted a change in my small business. Orders were coming in and then chaos would ensue. Our old process was really stressful so our burnout rate was high. Through the workshops, we were able to identify all the ‘low hanging fruit’ and begin working on necessary changes to manage inventory and create a streamlined process so we don’t have to re-think every order. The on-site visits were extremely helpful in aiding the change.
Past Business Innovation Workshop Attendee
On-Site Implementation and Peer Learning
Running a manufacturing business presents unique challenges. With the cohort model, you benefit from peer to peer learning, connecting to other organizations who are solving similar problems. These connections allow you to grow and improve your business network. In addition, OMEP consultants who instruct courses visit your facility and help you implement on site to help cement the knowledge.
Learning Cohorts can Help you… increase profits, stabilize your business, learn with lean principles, and more
Or call (503) 406-3770 to learn more!