PCC is developing a mechatronics program designed to meet industry’s evolving needs in the areas of electrical and mechanical maintenance and automation. We recognize that “Mechatronics” is a broad field, and have focused our program design on the following objectives:
- Program content should be highly relevant to local industries and employers’ needs, today and into the future.
- Equipment used to teach the content is capable of being upgraded regularly to stay up-to-date and relevant to industry.
- Content provides realistic industrial situations, simulating actual industry challenges, teaching students to think critically and troubleshoot.
The program is intended to support positions that require skills to safely operate in an electro-mechanical environment and may cover job descriptions such as Electrical Technician, Maintenance Technician, Maintenance Mechanic, Mechatronics Technician, Industrial Mechanic, Robotic Technician, Automation Technician/Electrician, etc.
How can you help?
- PCC is seeking companies and subject matter and/or hiring representatives that are interested in providing advisory counsel in the program development process.
- PCC is seeking specific and relevant mechatronics-related job descriptions with required skills and competencies within your company (may be active job postings or job descriptions of current positions within your organization).
Please reach out directly to Andrew Lattanner at Andrew.Lattanner@pcc.edu.