Thanks to a grant from the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), OMEP will offer a 6-part workshop series focused on FSMA implementation this Summer in Portland, free of charge (value of $4500 per company)!
With the deadlines for FSMA compliance past due, this workshop series is an excellent opportunity to jump start your company into action! You will learn how to implement a food safety program to comply with the Preventative Controls for Human Food rule. Each workshop will teach you how to implement key aspects of a food safety program at your company such as identifying a food safety team, building a food safety plan, performing self-audits and implementing corrective actions. This series will also provide you with easily customizable templates for documentation and training so that you can start using them at your company right away.
Workshop 1 – Implementing Your Food Safety Program (July 23rd)
- Implementing a Food Safety Program
- Establishing a Food Safety Team
- Implementing a System for Documentation and Records
- Training Your Team
Workshop 2 – Sustaining Your Food Safety Program (August 6th)
- Complying with Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs)
- Performing Internal Audits
- Applying Corrective Actions
Workshop 3 – Building Your Recall Plan (August 20th)
- Understanding Inputs to a Recall
- Assessing Your Recall and Withdrawal Program
- Creating a Recall Plan
Workshop 4 – Assessing Your Supply Chain Risk (September 3rd)
- Assessing Inherent Risks – Raw Materials and Packaging
- Label Review
- Supplier Approval Process
- Supply Chain Preventive Controls Plan
Workshop 5 – Building Your Food Safety Plan – Hazard Analysis (September 17th)
- Choosing a Product Category for Hazard Analysis
- Creating a Process Flow
- Assessing Hazards in your Process and Supply Chain
- The Four Preventative Controls
- Verification and Validation
Workshop 6 – Building Your Food Safety Plan – Preventive Controls (October 1st)
- Process Preventive Controls Plan
- Allergen Preventive Controls Plan
- Sanitation Preventive Controls Plan
- Writing Sanitation Procedures and Cleaning Schedules
The workshops start on July 23rd from 1-5 pm, and space is limited to 10 companies. Secure your spot by contacting Linda Wechsler at email@example.com.
Workshops will be held at OMEP (7650 SW Beveland Street, Suite 170 Portland, Oregon 97223).
Certification in FSMA Preventative Controls Qualified Individual (PCQI) is strongly encouraged as a prerequisite for this series.