During these uncertain times, OMEP staff are standing by to provide resources for Oregon’s manufacturers. We are releasing a series of free webinars on a variety of topics designed to provide constructive information to manufacturers about successfully managing their businesses now and in the future.
Join OMEP and Tom Schnell of Business Oregon on Friday (4/3/2020) to discuss a proactive approach to current events. Tom will discuss the importance of understanding and managing your cash flow, staffing considerations, and tapping into local resources. Learn how to build a resilient business that can weather the storm and come out stronger on the other side.
Jean Back of Schwabe Williamson and Wyatt discussed topics relevant to Oregon manufacturers, including:
- Governor Brown Executive shelter in place order and Social Distancing Policies
- The Family First Coronavirus Bill
- Emergency Paid Family Medical Leave (“EPFML”) (and its interaction with FMLA)
- Emergency Paid Sick Leave (and its interaction with EPFML)
- Tax Credits
- DOL guidance
- Furlough v. Layoff – Unemployment options
- Warn Act Notices
- Reduction in Force best practices
You can read more from the Schwabe team on Covid19 here.
Leadership During Uncertain Times with John Hunt
- HBR: Lead Your Business through the Corona Virus
- Forbes: Leading in Times of Uncertainty
- HBR: How to Survive a Recession and Thrive Afterwards
- Douglas Adams: Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy
Covid 19 RESOURCES
If you are looking for specific resources on Covid19, we have a page dedicated to the topic. It is updated regularly. Learn More