Creating effective hiring methods, improving communication, and onboarding people efficiently is at the core of building a successful manufacturing business. Managing workforce can be challenging for any manufacturers.
Join OMEP for a cohort series to learn how you can find, hire, and quickly bring new employees up to speed, as well as how you can keep existing employees motivated and engaged. Shaped by real-life manufacturing case studies, this course includes on-site (or virtual) check-ins with the instructor. Throughout the event, we’ll build a plan for your company’s workforce challenges, and you’ll get a customized consultation to understand how to implement your workforce plan.
Attendees will learn how to:
- Recruit and onboard new employees effectively
- Create effective employee training programs and compensation systems
- Keep employees motivated to solve problems and grow into leadership roles
- Build effective communication skills
Cost: $2,000 per company – scholarships available based on need – contact OMEP for details (email Jagnor@omep.org)
Thanks to CARES Act funding from Washington County to support workforce efforts, manufacturers in Washington County will receive a $1,000 scholarship, bringing the cost of the cohort down to $1,000 per company.
“The course covers a broad range of topics with the goal of attracting, training, developing and retaining an effective workforce. Course segments guided us through identifying the company’s needs and developing plans to achieve those goals. Based on my experience, I would recommend this course and desire to participate in more OMEP courses in the future.” – Former Attendee
- Week 1 August 11 & 13 – Overview and Structured on the Job Training
- Week 2 August 18 & August 20 – Adult Learning Principles and Training Forms / Tools
- Week 3 Sept 3 – Onboarding
- Week 4 September 8, September 10, September 11 – Training Delivery, Measuring Proficiency, Development Paths and Career Ladders
- Week 5 September 22 & September 24 – Attracting, Developing, and Engaging Talent, Effective Coaching
- Week 6 September 29 & October 1 – Motivating and Engaging Employees, Managing Performance
Russ is an experienced Program Manager in design, deployment, and management of global development programs that reduce operating expenses and increase organizational efficiency and effectiveness. During his 20-year career, he has managed small and large teams that have delivered and exceeded performance goals. Russ is skilled in defining and executing strategic and operational objectives that deliver results.