Bridgetown Natural Foods, a Portland-based contract manufacturer of organic and natural snack products, was experiencing rapid growth and saw an opportunity to expand its production capabilities to meet an increasing demand for its line of products. The company, whose products include extruded bars and baked goods, slab-formed bars, granolas, cookies and clustered items, has a mission to partner with the leading all-natural and organic brands to deliver high-quality, sustainably-produced, healthy food products.
To take advantage of the company’s increasing revenue, Bridgetown worked with OMEP to move into a bigger manufacturing facility and expand its production capabilities.
To accommodate the company’s rapid growth, Bridgetown moved in 2010 from its 4,000 square foot manufacturing facility to a 100,000 square foot facility. The company sought to increase production and expand its line of natural products.
Bridgetown needed assistance with transitioning to a larger facility, in addition to the leadership and supervisory skills required to successfully operate in the new facility.
OMEP’s engagement with Bridgetown started with establishing lean manufacturing practices. Over time OMEP’s engagement evolved into supporting the leadership team’s development and coaching Bridgetown owners to assist with the management of the larger manufacturing facility.
- Bridgetown relocated its manufacturing space, going from a 4,000 square foot facility to a 100,000 square foot space.
- Bridgetown invested in a $5 million production line from Sollick KG, which will be capable of producing some 1 million granola bars a day.
- Bridgetown added 100 jobs to assist with the increase in production, bringing its total number of employees up to 180.
OMEP’s long-term engagement has helped Bridgetown:
- Realize capacity gains
- Increase first time quality
- Reduce working inventories
- Create more timely order to cash cycles
- Revenue tripled between 2011 and 2012, to $25 million
- Sales increased by $15 million
- Invested $5 million into creating new product
- Invested $5 million in plant equipment to support new increases in output and new product development
- Created 100 new jobs
Learn About OMEP’s Process!
You are the best kind of advisor - a selfless one. It is exceedingly rare.