Linda Wechsler | Senior Manufacturing Consultant
As a Senior Manufacturing Consultant for OMEP, Linda works with manufacturers to help them achieve success through continuous improvement. She has extensive experience assisting consumer packaged goods (CPG) manufacturers, especially in the food and beverage sector. Most recently, Linda has been helping companies improve their food safety programs to get them up to speed with current regulations.
Linda also helps manufacturers train, retain, and develop their workforce. She leads a partnership with the Oregon Manufacturing Innovation Center (OMIC), with whom OMEP is developing a workforce pipeline for advanced manufacturing skillsets.
Prior to joining OMEP, Linda spent 10 years working in the food and beverage industry, in the areas of product development, sensory and consumer testing, the culinary arts, and supply chain. She holds a Master’s Degree in Food Science and Technology from Oregon State University.
Check Out Linda’s new Podcast – Manufacturing Matters Oregon!
Past Relevant Experience
- Pacific Natural Foods – outsourcing & strategic purchasing manager
- Oregon State University Food Innovation Center – product development/sensory & consumer research
- Lockheed Martin Space Systems – satellite software engineer
- M.S., Food Science and Technology, Oregon State University
- B.A., Economics/Computer Science, University of California – Berkeley