Wes Beecoft – Senior Consultant
As a Senior Consultant at OMEP, Wes serves as a configurator and implementation support professional for OMEP’s cloud-based operational excellence management system and Industry 4.0 technologies such as IoT, AR, VR, automation, and robotics. With a passion for emerging technologies, Wes has extensive technical expertise applying a wide range of manufacturing tools to develop systems architecture that leverage industry best practices. He is a manufacturing and engineering business leader with demonstrated successes utilizing continuous improvement tools to deliver measurable improvements in high-mix/low-volume manufacturing environments.
- Some of his most notable career highlights include:
Led team at Benchmade Knife Company to win the Portland Business Journal’s Innovative Product of the Year.
- Key contributor to negotiations and purchase of $3.8M in capital equipment at Benchmade Knife Company, which enabled 34% growth over two years.
- Won the 2010 Portland Business Journals Manufacturer of the Year for Climax Portable Machining and Welding Systems. Achieved the 40 under 40 Award from Plant Engineering Magazine.
- Increased gross margins at Climax from 32% to 48% in three years and simultaneously increased product releases 29%.
Past Relevant Experience
- VIGOR – Senior Manufacturing Engineering
- KRATOS FLY Fittness – Co-founder
- AVALIGN THORTEX – Manufacturing Engineering Manager
- SHIELDS MANUFACTURING – NPI/Technical Services Manager
- BENCHMADE KNIFE COMPANY – Senior Development Engineering Manager
- CLIMAX PORTABLE MACHINING AND WELDING SYSTEMS – Engineering Manager
- A.R.E. MANUFACTURING – Manufacturing Engineer
GEORGE FOX UNIVERSITY, Master of Business Administration
OREGON INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering Technology