National Manufacturing Day
Manufacturing is one of Oregon’s top industries, providing jobs to thousands of people throughout the state. National Manufacturing Day is a nationwide event that is celebrated on or around October 4th. In 2020, National Manufacturing day will be celebrated virtually, on Friday October 2nd Learn More about National Manufacturing Day.
Catch Up On Virtual Presentations
Re-watch Washington County tours with a wide variety of manufacturers. Below is a highlight by Weir ESCO, featuring former OMEP consultant Anna Thames!
Thanks to Hillsboro School to Career for organizing these educational online events.
Made in Redmond Creators Wanted hosted virtual and in-person events. Check back for updates!
As a manufacturer, MFG Day is an opportunity to tell your company’s story, dispel outdated myths about manufacturers, and connect with potential customers and future employees within your community. Manufacturing Day partners will nationally and locally promote your virtual events through general and trade media campaigns, which will alert thousands to visit manufacturers in order to showcase that North American manufacturing is a vibrant career path, and employers need skilled workers.
Create Your Own Event
There’s still time to celebrate! You can create your own virtual event by clicking the button below.
By the Numbers
- Over 2,000 students across the state attended events in 2019
- This event has increased in participation steadily over the last 6 years
- Over 2,000 events take place nationally for MFG Day
- $18.1 billion in manufactured goods exports
- 186,400 Oregonians with manufacturing jobs
- 30,000 jobs to replace by 2022 due to retirements and industry growth