National Manufacturing Day
Manufacturing is one of Oregon’s top industries, providing jobs to thousands of people throughout the state. National Manufacturing Day is a nationwide event that is celebrated on or around October 4th. Learn More about National Manufacturing Day.
As a manufacturer, MFG Day is an opportunity to tell your company’s story, dispel outdated myths about manufacturers, and connect with potential customers and future employees within your community. Manufacturing Day partners will nationally and locally promote your open house or other events through general and trade media campaigns, which will alert thousands to visit manufacturers in order to showcase that North American manufacturing is a vibrant career path, and employers need skilled workers.
By the Numbers
- Over 2,000 students across the state attended events in 2019
- This event has increased in participation steadily over the last 6 years
- Over 2,000 events take place nationally for MFG Day
- $18.1 billion in manufactured goods exports
- 186,400 Oregonians with manufacturing jobs
- 30,000 jobs to replace by 2022 due to retirements and industry growth